Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites

When I first discovered Reese’s Pieces, I thought I’d died and gone to heaven. Indulgence led to cravings led to the desire to be able to make my own: my motto about cooking has always been that if it seems halfway doable, I should at least try to recreate the things I love to eat. It was out of that thought that this experiment was born. My first idea was to aim for peanut butter cups of my own. Then, I started going through my pantry - and a better idea was born...

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites

Ingredients:
200g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
100g white chocolate, chopped into chunks
100g smooth peanut butter
100g walnuts, halved 
Sheet of baking paper

Instructions:
1. Melt the dark chocolate au bain marie. To do that, bring some water to a simmer. Place the chocolate in a bowl that is big enough to be bigger than the circumference of the pan (so it can sit snugly on top it. Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the top of the water - the bowl will be heated by steam. Keep the pan on very low heat, so that the water continues to simmer ever so slightly. Stir the chocolate as it melts. 

2. Using a spoon, spread the dark chocolate in circles over a sheet of baking paper and let cool. 

3. When the chocolate has hardened, top each chocolate disc with a dollop of peanut butter, flattening it slightly.  

4. Melt the white chocolate the same way as you did with the dark, au bain marie. Make sure to keep stirring and not to let it alone, white chocolate can quickly go chunky and weird if it overheats. 

6. Top each peanut butter circle with a dollop of white chocolate, pressing half a walnut on top. 

7. Place in the freezer for about an hour to set.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bok Choy Noodle Soup with Quail Eggs

Minneola Marmalade

Salmon, Avocado and Arugula (Rocket) Salad