Zucchini Soup

I love soup. Especially in wintertime, although in summer I get quite a few soup cravings too. Soup warms the heart but at the same time, it’s easy and light.  What I especially love is that you need so little to make a good one. Sure - you can make soups as complicated as you like. But the same holds for the reverse - take one vegetable, some onion, garlic and bouillon, and you’re practically there.

Zucchini (or courgette) soup isn’t one I would soon have come up with on my own. But then someone made it for me - and sometimes that’s the way it works with cooking. Someone makes you something that triggers an ‘a-ha’, you go home and try it on your own and voila, there’s another recipe to add to the batch. So, too, with this one.

Zucchini Soup

Ingredients (serves 2):
1 large zucchini
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1L chicken stock
olive oil
optional: dash of cream, salt to taste

Instructions:
1. Chop onion and garlic. Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, de-seed and chop in medium-small pieces.

2. Sauté the onion in olive oil for a few minutes, until glazed. Add the curry powder, zucchini and garlic. Sauté for a few more minutes.

3. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and blend. Return to the heat.

4. If adding cream, stir it in now. I’ve had it both with and without, if you ask me works fine either way. I didn’t add salt, but taste it - and add some if you feel it needs it.

5. Serve hot with bread. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bok Choy Noodle Soup with Quail Eggs

Salmon, Avocado and Arugula (Rocket) Salad

Chocolate Energy Breakfast Bars